My legal services include:
Rely on my over 35 years of practice experience for matters involving:
- Incorporation of specialty Professional Corporations (medical, dental, legal, accountancy)
- Sole proprietorship;
- Corporate and tax reorganizations and estate freezes;
- Shareholder agreements;
- Business acquisition or sale (assets/shares);
- Loan securitization/PPSA;
- Preparation of general corporate and commercial documents;
- Contract review and advice.
I can assist you in all facets of your real estate transactions, including residential, industrial and commercial real estate, acquisitions and sales, rural/cottage recreational property transactions, new condominium document review and advice. My services include:
- Drafting of Purchase and Sale Agreements;
- Review of Purchase and Sale Agreements;
- New Condominium Agreement review;
- Search of title;
- Review of mortgage lender’s requirements;
- Rights of way and property boundary issues;
- Ongoing lawyer communication with clients;
Wills, Estates and Trusts
My estate law practice includes personal and business planning. Service can range from simple wills to complex estate planning. I would be happy to speak to you regarding wills, trusts, or power of attorney issues.
If you have suddenly become the executor of an estate, I can help guide you through the maze of legal obligations. I can answer questions like:
- What are the duties of the executor?
- Do I need to apply for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee?
- What are my obligations to complete an Estate Information Return (EIR)?
- How to apply for CPP Death Benefit and Survivor Benefit?
- How do I cancel continuing CPP and OAS Benefits?
- Do I need to file an estate tax return?
- When can I safely make distributions?
- Is a clearance certificate necessary?
I appreciate the special burden placed on an executor, especially in the context of a family estate. I can relieve you of a good part of that burden, by giving you the confidence that the legal aspects are being handled properly.
I have experience in structuring trusts for a variety of tax and estate planning objectives, including:
- Income splitting;
- Multiplication of the small business capital gains exemption;
- Education savings;
- Spousal and testamentary trust;
- Henson trusts.